Monday, April 23, 2012

caves, my old friend

It scares me. The sharks aren't leaving and it scares me. Caves is a second home to most of us. We practically live there in the summers. We even sleep there. I have surfed it alone many a time. Surfed till way after dark many a time. Surfed before the sun was up many a time. And all of this while feeling safe. A feeling of safety that was built up over 6 years. Now we start at square one again.

I am scared that what we had we might not get it back. Not all of it atleast. We had a meeting with the local shark spotting organization this evening discussing the possibility of shark spotters at koeel bay caves. As promising as it seems it will probably still not allow me to experience that feeling of safety I used to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment